One of the primary objectives of a complete education is to impart skills to individuals. If we focus on imparting skills to individuals to make them employable. It involves more emphasis on certification courses for specific skill sets than degree courses. Certifications instead of degrees because:
Certification means a more specific skill while a degree has wider application but one cannot be sure of what the individual is capable of. In present world we require employable individuals. Degrees courses are not able to make sure that the employee is skilled enough for a specific task.
Individuals with specific skill set is what is required by the various sectors, industries and markets.
There are massive potential in various sectors which is left untapped. If we make people learn various skills according to the requirement of various sectors, our unemployment challenge can get solved.
There are various initiatives from the government as well as non-government sectors which are working in this direction. There are various sectors which can expand and have the capacity to engage and employ people on large scales.
A few of the industries which are categorized on the app and also necessary for the task of overall development:
1. I. T./COMPUTER BASED
– Whether large businesses or medium or even small ones, computer/phone applications are a must for the growth of businesses in this present world, and small businesses also are becoming more and more aware of that and that makes it imperative to have individuals with computer based skills to be employed by all businesses. Even basic computer skills helps individuals to find employment. We have listed organizations who are imparting such skills to individuals to make them job ready.
– Traditionally, it is a sector where the major chunk of our population finds employment, but we know it is not by choice but mostly by the narrowness of employment avenues at rural level and lack of complete education. Even when our masses are employed in this sector, they are unskilled and don’t know the potential of their own sector. Further, the educated people find opportunity in those farmers’ lack of education, they use their produce for their benefit and the proper profits of what the farmers’ deserve never really go to them. But, if we educate them thoroughly about this sector, about things like various methods and practices on how to increase their productivity, various other connected industries like processed food industry, transport industry(for reaching out to various far off markets) in which they can use their raw material produce, process it for better returns. It can also fulfill the employment opportunities that are so desperately required at the rural level.
– Now, this industry has huge potential in terms of employment generation and if we talk about India, this is one industry which has just started to grow. Given the number of popular tourist spots and number of unpopular tourist spots and even countless unexplored potential of places in India, there are unimaginable extents to which this industry can grow in India, nowhere near it in the present situation. The sector/industry is unorganized and skills imparting is an urgent need. Also, there are connected applications with this industry like responsible tourism(without affecting the environment of the spot), Rural tourism(a new kind of tourism which has started to gain momentum)
– Music and dance and any form of entertainment as skill is a huge industry worldwide and Indian entertainment industry itself is a major industry but it is still very finite in its scope and an unorganized sector and can grow further in many fields. Again, the diversity of India makes it quite important to tap into the potential of possible entertainment avenues present in the various cultures of India. For example, the music industry doesn’t carefully tap into the various folk cultures from various regions, and this requires our attention. We can give all these a notion of skills and publicize them on our platforms. It runs close to tourism industry, art and handicraft industry.
– Comparing the population of India and other countries, and how they perform in various world sports, India has a huge scope of improving in Sports. Sports as profession is often neglected and that results in huge losses for India as Sports it also important in terms of the economic development, socio-cultural development.
6. MARTIAL ARTS
– Running adjacent to Sports, this field is also to be developed into various skills. It can also generate a lot of employment and lead into development as there are many traditional and modern martial arts in existence in various regions of India. We have created a different sub-category in skills for Martial arts to give it more focus which it requires and deserves.
– Catering to the second most population of the world, this industry is not just an industry which can be a potential but this is one of the basic needs. We require individuals to be skilled and educated in terms of how to take care of our food challenge. From food science to production to processing to quality to delivering and various other steps involved in it. Food for every individual, and not only individuals but for all the livestock as well as whole of the wildlife.
8. ART AND HANDICRAFTS BASED
– As a land of diversity and various cultures, India has a huge potential in this field as well. Various arts and handicrafts of different regions have tremendous potential and can find meaning in worldwide markets as well, but we need to give them a better chance by imparting certified skills and publicizing them inclusively and exclusively.
9. POSITIVE JOURNALISM
– In an era of media industry and social media industry in particular, it is very important to have individuals with the skills of positive journalism when media focuses more on negative news and less on news of growth and We are not debating over journalism as a whole because the present need is such, that we have to create an environment that even small good news which go unattended/unviewed which if propagated properly can result in betterment of situations overall. ThebetterIndia is one of the best examples of it. Positive journalism is not just about showing good news but also showing bad news in a responsible manner.
– This is not about management degrees which are in focus in the present commercialized education scenario. But, this is entrepreneurship which is to be treated as skills in specific industry. When an individual certifies in this, that individual must have the know-how of a specific industry in which only that individual must be employed. This is industry specific entrepreneurship which is to be imparted including practical knowledge of that industry.
11. VOCATIONAL TRAINING
– Although some of these categorizations could be called vocational, but other than the above vocational skills, all others are to be listed in this category. Vocational training skills are very much required according to the unique and specific skill sets that are required in various other sectors and industries.